# Query Responses
There is a set of general rules that apply to server responses:
- The same response will be returned from the server for all query methods.
- Output lines starting with the % sign are either a server response code or server messages (a comment, information message or an error with description).
- A message contains a white space after the % sign, while a server response code starts right after the % sign. See Appendix C, RIPE Database Query Server Response Codes and Messages for more information.
- Do not write scripts to parse the messages. The text is subject to change at any time.
- An empty line terminates a database object in the output. This is a line containing only a newline character (\n).
- Two empty lines, each containing only a new-line character (\n), mean the end of a server response.